Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,115  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,407
  • Post Score: 286

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 60

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.03.2024 | 10:27 PM ET

Through to the 2nd round.....

A record number of 31 people entered the game. Only 14 make it to the 2nd round. A 54.83% elimination rate from 
@The Wheel 

The 14 remaining lucky bastards are:

• AyyLmaonnaise
  • Baron Von Rattus
  • ccollins44
  • DamienHandel420
  • Drmaxis2
  • Foghorn Sam
  • Kkkomboo
  • kushycake
  • PiggyBank
  • TARTARA
  • Trail Allman
  • trig
  • UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Xconchris

Good luck to the remaining lucky bastards!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.03.2024 | 10:38 PM ET

@Themmahistorian 

Tough luck in this game mate but I guess maybe the next game might be the one! And yeah, just making lots of random picks is a great way of earning points to go through the belt levels. I remember when I was a new user and got hyped after every belt promotion and kept wanting to get to the next one along. It gets addictive and certainly acts as a great motivator for new users to stay active on the site (@Gregory is a sly little genius who knows how to keep us hooked lol!). I don't really care much about them anymore these days as the points needed for the next ones are so far apart that promotions don't have that steady "I've done it!" feeling anymore for me at least. I'm currently 62,846 points away from my next one so I'm just picking the events that I want to and it'll happen when it happens. I'll look forward to seeing you rise up through the ranks and hopefully even overtake me someday! In the meantime, it will also act as a great way of spotting rising stars and learning more about the sport overall which is always a bonus!

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  537
  • Post Score: 318

02.03.2024 | 10:41 PM ET

Pogues comes in clutch
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.09.2024 | 8:52 PM ET

2nd Round Draw!

Here's the video for the 2nd round draw! Good luck to the remaining 14 lucky bastards!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.09.2024 | 9:01 PM ET

For those who can't/don't want to watch the video, the matchups are:

• AyyLmaonnaise - Fernie Garcia
  • Baron Von Rattus - Carlos Prates
  • ccollins44 - Robert Bryczek
  • DamienHandel420 - Loma Lookboonmee
  • Drmaxis2 - Bogdan Guskov
  • Foghorn Sam - Hyder Amil
  • Kkkomboo - Bogdan Guskov
  • kushycake - Armen Petrosyan
  • PiggyBank - Jeremiah Wells
  • TARTARA - Devin Clark
  • Trail Allman - Daniel Marcos
  • trig - Armen Petrosyan
  • UNDER SURVEILLANCE - Ihor Potieria
  • Xconchris - Robert Bryczek

Good luck!

kushycake
kushycake
  • Predictions:  4,691  |  70.7%
  • Forum Posts:  953
  • Post Score: 393

02.09.2024 | 9:02 PM ET

Looks like most will get forward. Wheel being nice this week.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.09.2024 | 9:06 PM ET

@kushycake 

Yeah, the wheel seems to have gone with mostly favourites this week. That might not always be a good sign though. There are some cards where it looks like it should be easy to predict and then a lot of the underdogs come in. I've also found myself picking more underdogs than usual this week. I dunno, I've just got a very weird feeling about this card.

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  729  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  94
  • Post Score: 313

02.09.2024 | 9:15 PM ET

Wheely Random Picks!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 259

02.10.2024 | 7:48 PM ET

of course, terry had to call for **** fest. good job.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.11.2024 | 2:42 PM ET

Through to the 3nd round.....

14 entered the 2nd round. Only 6 answer the bell for the 3rd. A 57.14% elimination rate from 
@The Wheel 

The 6 remaining lucky bastards are:

• Baron Von Rattus
  • DamienHandel420
  • Drmaxis2
  • Foghorn Sam
  • Kkkomboo
  • UNDER SURVEILLANCE

Just a reminder of one of the more obscure rules of the game. Draws and no-contests count as losses in this game as having your fighter involved in a draw or a no-contest is pretty unlucky so 
@Trail Allman 
is also out as he had Daniel Marcos who's fight ended in a no-contest. 

Good luck to the remaining lucky bastards!

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,841  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 66

02.12.2024 | 12:17 AM ET

I C

@Stephen Terry 
. how my luck goes. Don't pick um in ah fight and I go on. Okay, Mr. Terry spin that flippin' wheel! Yee-Haw!

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.16.2024 | 9:24 PM ET

3rd Round Draw

Here's the 3rd round draw for the Lucky Bastard Game! Good luck everyone!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.16.2024 | 9:28 PM ET

For those who can't/don't want to watch the video, the matchups are:

• Baron Von Rattus - Rinya Nakamura
  • DamienHandel420 - Robert Whittaker
  • Drmaxis2 - Marcos Rogério de Lima 
  • Foghorn Sam - Alexander Volkanovski
  • Kkkomboo - Josh Quinlan
  • UNDER SURVEILLANCE - Brendson Ribeiro 

Good luck everyone but to be honest, I actually think that 
@The Wheel 
has been quite kind to all of you this week!

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  729  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  94
  • Post Score: 313

02.16.2024 | 9:37 PM ET

Wheely Random Picks!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,252  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  722
  • Post Score: 259

02.17.2024 | 4:46 AM ET

yeah, terry. we experienced same last week already. nice call, again.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE

02.17.2024 | 3:55 PM ET

I might have crapped on myself now. My theory of not picking my guy. FU.K. Oh well. I happen to have my dice and I'm going for the throw. 

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,552  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,815
  • Post Score: 180

02.17.2024 | 4:42 PM ET

Lucky Bastard Viewing Guide for UFC 298

So action on fights #3,4,5,6, the co-main, and main event. 

Kkkomboo has Josh Quinlan vs. Danny Barlow
UNDER SURVEILLANCE has favorite Brendson Ribiero vs. Mingyang Zhang
Baron Von Rattus has favorite Rinya Nakamura vs. Carlos Vera
Drmaxis2 has Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Junior Tafa 

In the co-main, DamienHandel420 has favorite Robert Whittaker vs. Paulo  Costa 
and finally Foghorn Sam has the defending champ Volkanovski

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  23,485  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  469
  • Post Score: 183

02.17.2024 | 5:37 PM ET

Terry I want to be in the next game. No idea how I am just now discovering this game.  Looks amazing.

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.17.2024 | 7:40 PM ET

@Cozstradamus 

No worries mate, I'll add you in the next one when this one ends! And it's very easy to play as you literally don't have to do anything! All you have to do is say you want in (which you've already done) and destiny does the rest! Every week, I'll make a video where I run through the list of names of the players and spin a random online wheel that I've put all the fighters on that week's card into and whoever you get drawn with is your fighter for that event. If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight, you and everyone else with a winning fighter moves onto the next week. If your fighter loses, draws or is in a no-contest or doesn't fight for any reason, you go out. This process happens every week until eaither their is only one person left with a winning fighter or if everyone left has a losing fighter then the wheel is declared the winner! 

It's purely based on luck and there's no skill involved whatsoever! You get randomly assigned a fighter and hope they win. The next game will start whenever this one ends. In theory a game could go on forever if everyone kept getting winning fighters but from previous games, 4-5 weeks seems to be about avarage. All the updates are in this thread so you can follow along to see how it works. For tonight, there are the 6 people listed above who have been drawn with their fighters and are all hoping their fighter can win to get through. I'll add you in the next game and good luck! 

* Edited at 02.17.2024, 7:41 PM ET *

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE

02.17.2024 | 7:44 PM ET

Yes

@Stephen Terry 
does all the work.

Page 60

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jared Gordon eyes winner of Bobby Green vs. Paddy Pimblett after UFC on ABC 6
  • Middle Easy : Jared Cannonier Petitions For Imavov Rematch In France, Says Referee ‘Got The Finish’ At UFC Louisville
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Says Islam Makhachev vs. Conor McGregor Is ‘Very Possible’, Thinks Kayla Harrison Should ‘Fight Some Men’ Next In UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Brad Katona gives himself 'very OK' passing grade at UFC Louisville, but knows you want a finish
  • MMA Mania : Victorious Fury Chasing ‘AJ’ Fight — Not Usyk Trilogy
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58: Make your predictions for Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira
  • MMAFighting.com : Kayla Harrison manager suggests Amanda Nunes retired to avoid fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Was Khabib’
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns vs. Sean Brady targeted for UFC Fight Night main event on Sept. 7
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa's relief to snap skid at UFC Louisville came with bonus vengeance
  • Middle Easy : John McCarthy Responds To Tank Abbott’s Claim About His UFC Exit And Incident With ‘Big John’s’ Wife
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Imavov-Cannonier ends in controversy, Conor McGregor & UFC 303 drama, more
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘End it how you want to end it’: Briggs encourages Wilder and Broner to keep fighting
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘End it how you want to end it’: Shannon Briggs encourages Deontay Wilder, Adrien Broner to keep fighting
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals potential dates for Merab Dvalishvili title fight
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Imavov-Cannonier ends in controversy, Conor McGregor & UFC 303 drama, more
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Abdelaziz: Amanda Nunes retired because 'biggest nightmare' Kayla Harrison was coming to the UFC
  • MMA Mania : Watch Silva Work Out For Sonnen Boxing Match
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Where is my money?’: Garcia and Haney accuse Golden Boy of non-payment from their PPV fight